If you are expecting twins or more, you may need to see an obstetrician before the birth. You can make an appointment at the Venus Women's Clinic London to get advice from an experienced specialist. Miss Arafa has attended many multiple deliveries. She will be able to provide the care that you need during pregnancy and labour.
Why See an Obstetrician for a Multiple Birth?
Giving birth to more than one baby can require specialist care so it can be a good idea to see an obstetrician as part of your antenatal care. Your doctor or midwife may also recommend that an obstetrician be present for the birth because:
- The risk of complications during pregnancy and labour are higher for multiples, so you may need specialist care from an obstetrician
- You may need to consider an elective Caesarean, although a natural birth is often possible when you are expecting twins
- Multiple births usually happen earlier than single births, so your babies may need extra care when they arrive
The support that you need during a multiple delivery will depend on many factors, including the number of babies you are expecting, their position in the womb, and whether they share a placenta. You may also need more help during the births if there are any complications. Your obstetrician will be able to advise you on what to expect during the birth and to provide any specialist care that you might need.
What to Expect
Multiple deliveries can be a bit more complicated than single births, so you may need to be attended by an obstetrician. The doctor can ensure that you receive all of the care that you need, including interventions such as a Caesarean section if necessary.
If you are expecting more than one baby, you can arrange an antenatal consultation with your obstetrician to prepare for labour. Before the delivery your obstetrician can:
- Explain the risks of a multiple delivery and what to expect during labour
- Advise you on your options and help you to come up with a birth plan that suits you
- Arrange an elective Caesarean if necessary
- Book you in to a private hospital in London for the delivery
Your obstetrician will also be there during the births of your babies to provide any help that you need. During the delivery she will:
- Ensure that you are comfortable and getting the right pain relief
- Keep you informed and help you to make the right decisions about any interventions that are needed
- Provide any assistance that is needed to deliver your babies and keep you healthy
- Perform a planned or emergency Caesarean section if necessary
Arranging a Consultation
If you’ve found out that you’re expecting twins, triplets or more then you can make an appointment with a leading obstetrician at the Venus Women's Clinic London. Miss Arafa has plenty of experience with multiple deliveries, so she will be able to provide the highest quality care during your pregnancy and arrangement for your delivery. Simple fill in the online form or get in touch with the clinic to arrange an appointment at a time that suits you.