Contraception Services London - Venus Women’s Clinic
Contraception comes in many different forms that vary according to how they are used and how effectively they can prevent pregnancy. As well as protecting you against pregnancy, some kinds of contraceptive can also help to relieve menstrual symptoms such as period pain. Making the right choice of contraception is very important. Miss Arafa can provide contraception advice to help you to identify the best option for you.
Which Type of Contraception is Right for You?
The best contraception for you will depend on many factors, including:
- Your lifestyle
- Your menstrual cycle
- Any health problems or risk factors that could prevent you from using certain forms of contraception, such as being overweight or having migraines
- Your personal preferences about how you use your contraception
Types of Contraception
Many different forms of contraception are available, each of which have their own advantages and disadvantages. The main types of contraception include:
- Condoms, which are the only option that can also protect against STIs but have to be used correctly every time you have sex
- A diaphragm, which can be fitted before sex
- The combined contraceptive pill and mini pill, which need to be taken every day
- Contraceptive coils or implants, which can provide long term protection with no need to take a pill or think about your contraception when you have sex
Getting Contraception Advice
Choosing the right contraception can be tricky as there are so many factors to consider. Speaking to an expert can help, so you may want to see a gynaecologist for contraception advice. The doctor will be able to guide you towards the right form of contraception.
You may discuss:
- Your previous contraception use
- Your menstrual cycle and any issues you’ve had such as heavy periods, which could be addressed by using the right form of contraception
- Your general health, especially any risk factors that could prevent you from using some types of hormonal contraception
- Your lifestyle and preferences for using contraception, such as whether you are willing to pause before sex to use a barrier contraceptive or how easy it will be for you to remember to take a pill at the same time every day
Miss Arafa will explain the different types of contraception that are available and advise on which options will be the best match for you. She will ensure that you understand:
- Any side effects or risks associated with your contraception
- The chances of getting pregnant while using it
- How to use your contraception
Once you have selected your new contraceptive, you will be able to return for more advice if you experience any problems. If you have selected a contraceptive implant, Miss Arafa will be able to fit it for you.
If you would like to talk to an experienced gynaecologist in London about contraception, it is easy to make an appointment with Miss Arafa at the Venus Women's Clinic London. You can simply fill in the online form in order to request a consultation at a time that suits you. Telephone consultations are also available if you would like to talk to Miss Arafa about your contraception.