If you are expecting a baby, you will need to make some important decisions about the delivery. The Venus Women's Clinic London can help you to come up with a birth plan that suits you. Miss Arafa is an experienced obstetrician who can explain all of the options and make the arrangements for the delivery. She will provide all of the care that you need while you are giving birth, including any interventions that are required during the delivery.
Why Choose an Obstetrician for the Delivery?
You can choose to see an obstetrician for your antenatal care and baby delivery, but you might also need to see one if there are any complications or potential risks. An obstetrician can provide specialist care during labour, including performing interventions such as a Caesarean section. Having an experienced obstetrician present at the delivery can help you to feel calmer and more confident. It is also essential if you have any complications or additional needs during the delivery.
You might need an obstetrician during the delivery if:
- You are at high risk of complications during labour
- Your midwife has recommended that your baby delivery is supervised by a doctor
- You are having an elective Caesarean
- There are complications during delivery and you require specialist care
What to Expect
Every birth is different, so the support that your obstetrician provides before and during the delivery will be tailored to your needs. The doctor can help with all aspects of the delivery, from writing your birth plan to tackling any issues that arise during labour.
If you would like an obstetrician to deliver your baby, you can meet with the doctor before the birth to discuss your options. During your antenatal consultation, the obstetrician will:
- Advise you on your birth options, including where to give birth, the different types of pain relief, and what interventions may be needed
- Help you to create a birth plan detailing your preferences for the labour
- Explain what to expect during the birth and ensure that you know what to do when labour begins
- Arrange a planned Caesarean section if necessary
- Book you in to a private clinic in London for the delivery
If you have chosen obstetrician-led care, your doctor will also be there when you give birth. You might also need to see a doctor if there are any complications during labour. During the delivery the obstetrician will:
- Provide support throughout labour
- Ensure you are comfortable and getting the right pain relief
- Keep you and your birth partner fully informed and help you to feel in control
- Perform any interventions that are necessary, including induction of labour and assisted delivery
- Perform a planned or emergency Caesarean section if necessary
Arranging a Consultation
If you are looking for an experienced obstetrician to deliver your baby in London, it is easy to arrange a consultation with Miss Arafa at the Venus Women's Clinic London. Miss Arafa is a leading obstetrician who has experience with all kinds of deliveries, including Caesarean sections and multiple births. You can arrange an appointment by phone or using the simple online form.